Schools & Universities
Comprehensive monitoring for learning enrichment in students and teachers.
The indoor environment significantly impacts the well-being of people long-term, along with it impacting how we feel and function.
Indoor air quality and environmental comfort as a part of indoor environmental quality are crucial factors in creating a healthy and productive learning environment for students and staff in schools and universities. Read here how large multi-building campuses can deal with the key challenges connected to the indoor envoironment, from occupants' well-being to energy effiency.
Actions taken to improve air quality in education institutions have positive effects on children's overall learning performance, while helping to improve the well-being of teachers and other staff and minimize absenteeism.
Poor Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) is often caused by poor ventilation, high humidity levels, mold, and other allergens. According to the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), IAQ is one of the top environmental hazards facing schools & universities today.
What Can I Do?
Parents / Teachers
- Learn about indoor environmental quality (IEQ) effectiveness and repercussions of poor IEQ
- Talk to your school’s principal, facility director, or super intendant – describe the problem and ask if maintenance can investigate the problem. Learn more here.
- Research your state law requirements regarding IEQ or IAQ (indoor air quality) in schools
Facility Director / Principal / Superintendent
- Establish an IEQ management program – implement comprehensive monitors (such as TSI’s AirAssure™ IAQ Monitor) through the building to stay ahead of potential risk factors
- Perform routine HVAC system maintenance – making sure the school HVAC system is operating properly with outdoor ventilation maintained at or above the designed minimum value
- Develop a communication plan – be open and address the concerns, outlining a clear process on a preventative maintenance program (provide intentions, activities, results, and next steps for the future)
- Train and educate staff and community on how to begin, improve, or sustain the schools IEQ management program that is put in place
Ensuring good indoor environmental quality in schools and universities requires the involvement of all stakeholders and the implementation of effective solutions. By addressing the issue of IEQ, schools and universities can ensure a healthier, safer, and more productive environment for their students and staff. Check out TSI Solutions to help you achieve your IEQ maintenance program.
Hear From Our Clients
In order to proactively manage the indoor air quality, the Milwaukee Public School District implemented TSI Air Monitoring Solution in selected buildings.